Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend Wrap up with an unexpected act of kindness.

This past weekend was wonderful! Friday night we had a couples baby shower. I gladly accepted the dessert assignment and was so excited to try these adorable little cupcake cones that I found here. (Scroll down just a little to see the directions on how to make them.) It was my first time making these and they turned out great! There was a little bit of a situation when I got home from work... I found them tilted side to side and some fell into each other. I think the heat got to them. I was able to save most of them but next time I think I will make them the day of. Hey - you live and learn. They are super easy though, so if  you do need a cute idea for dessert, try these!



The rest of the weekend was SUPER relaxing. We had B's friends in town visiting from UT. They had a layover in PHX until they left for their cruise! So jealous! We enjoyed spending the day with them and their adorable baby girl! She is precious, the happiest baby ever. She was full of smiles. We took them to dinner at a local favorite...where we always take visitor's! We had a great dinner and were absolutely stuffed by the end! 


Our waitress dropped off our check and on the receipt was a note that said our meal was taken care of. WHAT?! We all were completely surprised and wondering if this was real? Some random stranger took care of our bill? People really do that? YES, they do. Earlier in the evening a man at another table struck up conversation briefly about how cute the baby was and again told us to have a good evening on his way out. We figured it was him and our waitress confirmed. WOW. People really do random acts of kindness for others. Now it's our turn to pay it forward. Gosh, it really is all about the little things.


Happy Monday!

12 comments:

  1. You had me at cupcake cone, but the man paying for your dinner was a beautiful extra. Sounds like a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that dessert tree looks amazing. i am hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those random acts of kindness. If only everyone did one random act a day....So sweet. Those cupcakes are stinking adorable. Now I want to grab one through the screen and try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is SO sweet of that man and so nice to hear! :) Your cupcake cones look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I have been working in the restaurant industry for over 10 years, and you really don't see those kinds of things happen, lucky people you are and it is so nice to know there are "those" kind of people out there!!
    jess
    www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes are so darling!! I loved this story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is so sweet that someone picked up your tab! I think I will try and do this for some unsuspecting person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cupcakes look delicious! Wow... that kindness is amazing and inspiring :)
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colored rice crispy squares are going to be in my dreams tonight :)

    You are one lucky lady with a free dinner! Thanks for following my blog! I'm your newest follower too!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog. It's great. Loved reading this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've been reading through your blog, it is so sweet and your writing sounds so genuine and sincere (pun intended, clever name). love your style too!! thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, following you <3shelby

    www.makemesparkly.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips