Thursday, September 8, 2011

Twenty-Seven Candles

That's right, the big 2-7! It's birthday week for this girl! It's been a whirlwind so far...and nothing short of amazing.

{Image via La Belle tumblr}

B and I went to Vegas for Labor Day weekend and got some much needed family time with my parents and little brother. The weekend had all the perfect ingredients, relaxation, watching football, shopping with mom, a barbecue, a trip to the lake and a visit to see B's sister and her family! The weekends are just too short when you are having fun. My parents are incredible. I hate the goodbye part, no matter how old you are, it's still hard.

{With Dad}

After getting back home and situated, Tuesday night we did a b-day dinner with my closest friends. Again, just what I wanted, good food, friends, conversation, and of course cake. Last night was my night with B, just us. It was wonderful. Simple and perfect. Thoughtful doesn't even do him justice. The man is incredible. Every little detail I tell you, he makes me feel special, adored and so incredibly loved. He likes funny stupid cards, I love mushy "grandma" cards, what does he get me? You know it, bring on the mush. I love him with all my heart.

{With B}

Tonight I am heading to San Francisco for a little girls trip. I'm so excited to see the city. The agenda: Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, Napa, hiking in the Redwood Forest, shopping etc. 

I love birthdays because I love making people feel good. Birthday's are the one time of year that you can really make someone feel special. This year I feel very special. All the people that surround me are incredible. My roommate and best friend leaving flowers and a super yummy smelling house when I came home to my great coworkers baking and bringing in flowers and balloons, they all are so sweet. The gifts, the material things received are not the point, the point is that each person around me is so thoughtful. I am who I am because of these people around me. Thank you to all the wonderful people in my life, I am oh so lucky to have you all. I appreciate and cherish you more that you'll ever know.

 I'm so happy I have this little blog to remind me of all the memories I've had...and all the ones in the year ahead!
Welcome 27, I'm ready for you!

12 comments:

  1. happy birthday! i turn 27 in april :gulp:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! :D have so much fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you. It looks like you had a fantastic birthday! I hope that all your wishes and dreams come true. May you have many more wonderful birthdays to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday sweetie! I'm so happy to hear you were loved on good for your special day. Have tons of fun in Sf, the weather should be nice for your trip. I love when blog friends visit my area, they always post awesome recaps that have me saying "oh I know that spot, and a story to go along with it too! "

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! It sounds like you have an incredible time...you really deserve it!
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!
    I hope you have a super weekend filled with love, laughter, cake and lots of presents!
    I also LOVE birthdays - everybody elses and my own:)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!
    You look so pretty!
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)
    Love, Lucy
    Lovely By Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday! i just got back from SF/napa - hope you are having as good of a time as we did :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy birthday!!

    you look soo young!

    http://www.brunetteletters.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!!! You are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. um you are an absolute doll! thank you so much for stopping by [with grace & lace]. and happy belated birthday!

    unfortunately, i'm not sure if i can read your blog though - i think it makes me want too many new outfits & my wallet hates it! what the hey, added!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips