Sunday, December 25, 2011

THIS CHRISTMAS

 I love TRADITIONS, I love the anticipation of them. Holiday traditions are my favorite! Aren't they comforting? Aren't they special? I am so blessed in my career that I am able to go home for 2 weeks during the holidays. Home is where my parents and little brother are. Since I do not have a family of my own yet, this is where I come "Home for the Holidays." This year I am even more excited because B is coming home with me! I can't wait to have him around and spend this Christmas together.





THIS CHRISTMAS...

I am looking forward to the simple things. The little things that are taken for granted. TRADITIONS. Mom and I bake cookies, so far we made these YUMMY Butterscotch + cornflake + peanut butter no bakes. Recipe Here {B's fav by the way.}





I have done lots of wrapping, and I must say... my gifts are pretty cute, I got lots of ideas for cute wrapping on pinterest. Ideas:






As you can see, I'm loving the brown craft paper and all it has to offer. I used twine for ribbon and then added bright Christmas colors and cute gift tags to finish them off. Find free printable gift tags Here

Next I will be working on a couple Christmas crafts. I have 12 days off so now is the time to get busy! I never have time like this to make stuff. On the top of my list is this Burlap Wreath.
Here is the finished product.

Isn't it GORGEOUS!?



In between baking, wrapping, crafting, cooking and shopping I am going to be taking it all in. I'm going to be loving time with mom, dad and little brother oh and did I mention, having my fiance with me?! I'm going to wear cozy slippers everyday, listen to Christmas music, go see some movies, cuddle up on the couch for a good christmas movie, make yummy breakfasts, take naps, take baths, sleep in, run to Target at least 5 times with mom, finsh reading Catching Fire, and just enjoy this wonderful time of year.

via pinterest

Have yourself a merry little Christmas.  


12 comments:

  1. you guys are adorable and those cookies look amazing! congrats on the engagement xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such adorable pictures!!! Merry Christmas & congrats on your engagement!

    Xx

    http://chelseasgirl.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas sweetie;)

    http://fashionablej.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweetie you look gorgeous sna so cute with your future husband!!merry xmas and many kisses,
    http://littlefashionwhitelies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wrapping job on the presents. Such a cute idea with the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos, you have a lovely blog!

    Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That wreath is GORGEOUS!!! I want to make one now!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats and merry christmas. how cute are y'all...seriously? new follower alert!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww that wreath is SO pretty :)

    Annie
    www.othersideofgray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all your wrapping inspiration. i love wrapping too. where are you in arizona? and are you a teacher? i teach at ASU. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't made those cookies for years! Thanks for bringing those to my recollection - gotta make them asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pinterest definitely wins for the best wrapping ideas. I'm already looking forward to next Christmas...

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips