Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Asking my girls

It is time to ask the most special question to each of my favorite girls. That's right, my bridesmaids and of course...my maid of honor. This was an important task for me, choosing my very best friends to stand next to me on my wedding day. I thought to myself...and knew what I wanted. I wanted to be able to look at the amazing women standing next to me and know why each of them were there. Each girl holds a incredible place in my heart, each one has a different story, and a differnt relationshop with me. I will say this though, each one of them has taken part in making me who I am today. Each one has given me lots of laughs and smiles, support, a shoulder to cry on, an inspirational word and most of all a huge heart. 
Thank you girls, I am so very lucky to have you. 















 Now for the crafty stuff. I started with cute hangers from Michael's. They were actually a paisley print to begin with. I painted them solid white with craft paint, then spray painted them with solid gold spray paint. Once that was dry I sprayed another coat of gold glitter. To top it off, I srayed an adhesive on the final coat and then sprinkled them with pink and gold loose glitter. Each hanger was embellished with two hand-made rosettes. I packed them with tissue, tulle and lots of love. 


19 comments:

  1. Could you have asked them in a more beautiful way? You pulled out all the stops, I just love this so much. How exciting!

    http://bethesong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness girlfriend. These are soooo adorable! I want to pin every single one to Pinterest! Such a cute and thoughtful idea! They will love it! Have a great and HAPPY day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I love this!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! You are so crafty! We opted not to have a wedding party...a little more in our budget... Glad you are blogging more again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are such a crafty bride-to-be..what a sweet way to ask your bridesmaids...hanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, these are so elaborate! now i wish i went more out when it came time to ask my bridesmaids. but it was also one of those things where they all knew who they were anyway, ha.
    simply beautiful!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. If just your bridesmaid's invitations are so beautiful I can only imagine what your wedding will be like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, cutest bride to be! No girl can resist all that sparkle and glitter:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stumbled upon your blog throughout The Wiegands. I just got engaged too, what a great feeling, huh? Great idea for asking your bridesmaids and I Love your cute outfits :)

    www.laurenrebecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh! This is AMAZING!! SO beautiful and unique!! WOW!! You shroud definitely start your own craft store! I'm serious! If you have a second, I've got a new post on a ways to stop Procrastination. Really hard to get back to work after all this Holidays.) Love to hear what you think. Xo

    Yelena,
    GlamThings

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are adorable!! What a special way to ask your best friends to be in your wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just clicked through because your profile pic is just DARLING! Always a huge fan of bright red lipstick.

    This is the most incredible idea. I wish I had thought of something so pretty for my bridesmaids!

    Stop by reverie any time!

    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh this is such a cute idea...and boy oh boy do I love glitter!!!


    I am doing a THEIT CAMERA BAG GIVEAWAY on Color Issue...I think you would totally love it!!!

    xoxo
    Aarean

    colorissue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such an adorable idea- and so personal! I'm sure they are going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristal, I have to say thank you so much for writing on my blog because now that I've checked yours out, I can definitely say I love it! You are so stunning! & the idea for your bridesmaids is so cool/ crafty- those hangers look amazing :) I'm following you right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in love with how your asked them! I should have thought about that when I got married! SOO cute! New follower :)

    Ashley
    www.thepinkruffle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found your blog and am so honored you used the wording from my very own "Will you be my Bridesmaid cards" on Etsy as an inspiration for the framed prints you gave your girls! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Thank you! Katherine Kelly from www.greencard.etsy.com.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so cute! I can't wait until I can do something like this. We just found your cute blog and we love it.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips