Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Green Monster

I recently purchased a new smoothie maker/food processor and along with this purchase comes talk of great smoothies to make. Thanks to friends, blogs and pinterest, I have plenty of healthy new recipes to try out. 

The Green Monster


Ingredients (serves 1) 
1 frozen sliced banana
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 cup 0% Vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (or other kind of milk)
4 cups baby spinach (or more, or less)
Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Nutritional stats: 350 calories, 10g fiber, 21g protein

All I am going to say is I am staring at my empty glass as I write this! It was so good! Surprisingly you cannot taste the spinach but knowing that healthy leafy vegetable is in there is a plus! This is a must try!

I would also highly recommend the 

Bella Cucina 12-Piece Rocket Blender Platinum Edition


Available at Macy's.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I make smoothies almost every morning for breakfast and just HAPPENED to buy spinach last night! It's fate. :) Thanks again!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a HUGE sucker for smoothies... I make one every morning so I will definitely be trying this out! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive been really into making smoothies recently too! I just love berry ones, i dont think i could bring myself to drink something green!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, thank you for the recipe! I will be trying this out soon! Love your blog, just found it! :)

    http://lavitabella59.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips