Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dear Dad

This is a moment I have always imagined.

As I sit here beginning this post, my eyes are filling up. I don't think I can express to anyone how special this moment was to me. The moment he walked me down the aisle. This moment is something I have always imagined...for years, this moment comes with heavy emotion. It represents me finding love, finding my other half, it represents my Dad's approval and happiness for us. I love that this moment was captured becuase it truely is one that is so dear to my heart. 
I have the most incredible Dad. I cannot put into words how amazing this man is. 
 He met me before the ceremony and we had our moments. It was our time to take in. Our time breathe. He smiled and got a tad teary, he told me I was so beautiful and he was so very proud. Then he smiled and said "lets do this, everyone is so excited." He kept me from crying and reassured me of the beauty of the ceremony waiting for us. How can I ever express my love and appreciation to him? I just hope that in this moment he felt what I felt. If he did then I know that he knows how thankful I am. Thank you Dad, I am so lucky to have you. I am the luckiest girl to have had your arm as I took this walk. 
I love you, Dad. 






20 comments:

  1. Hello! I just came across your blog, and I love it! I also noticed that you began following mine :) thanks so much! How exciting that you're a newlywed! I am too! I got married in June- your wedding looked beautiful by the way… (i snuck a peak as some pics via instagram!)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 1st picture speaks for itself: you two share something special and I envy this bond! I'm glad you have an amazing dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post! And your wedding pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your beautiful post just made me tear up. I'm so glad my dad was able to walk me down the aisle too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a lovely post. It sounds like you and your dad have a wonderful relationship. :)

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh that was lovely, got a a bit teary eyed. Makes me think of my dad and when that wonderful day will come, i will feel the same as you about my father!

    xoxo
    Lisa
    http://www.somethinginfinitelyinteresting.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful post! What a gorgeous bride you were :) And how sweet is the relationship you share with your dad. Precious!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, girl! I wasn't able to email you back beacuse your email is set as "no reply comment" but in reply to your ? about button swaps - mine are all full for the next month :/ But I'd love to have you swap next month! And also I have some other good sponsorships you might be interested in :)

    Loving your blog and excited to follow!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So touching! What a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, so sweet. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? If you want just follow me and send me your link on lavieenrose.blog8@gmail.com and I will follow you immediately
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a special moment. You are a stunning bride as well!

    xox Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was such a beautiful post, and you were absolutely beautiful! My uncle walked me down the isle instead of my dad, and I can't wait for my husband to walk our future daughters down the isle where hopefully they feel the same as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful moment with your dad...he sounds so sweet. The photos are unbelievable! YOU MAKE A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely post. You made a beautiful bride

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh gorgeous! what a beautiful and special walk that is:-) One of my most favorite life moments! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I can't wait for that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet and heartfelt post darling... and what a gorgeous bride you were! The dress!!!! I'm seriously speechless

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! You looked PHENOMENAL on your wedding day!
    This letter to your dad is so sweet...I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a huge daddy's girl too - this makes my heart happy! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips