Friday, July 20, 2012

If you want to know me

Today I am linking up with Casey from theweiglands. I have been reading her blog for over a year now and she never fails to have depth in her posts. I love that and for that I wanted to link up. 


Casey's post was titled "If you really knew me." I don't have nearly as many readers as she does and nor have I shared that much about myself on a personal level. I don't expect anyone who reads to "really" know me. 
With that being said, if you want to know, here you go:

I love to listen to people, I love their perspectives. I like to know what drives people, what brings them happiness and what challenges them. 
I am pretty quiet, I listen more than I talk. 
I have my insecurities, but my mom and dad have done nothing but support me and stand by me. I have amazing parents who have always told me I was beautiful - inside and out.
I love quotes and love to be inspired. 
I am a hopeless romantic and I think it is possible to keep romance in any relationship. 
I can't wait for the day I become a mom and B becomes an amazing daddy. That thought just makes me smile, I can't even imagine our kids and what it will be like meeting them. 
I love a clean house and the way it smells. 
If you want to know, I love my husbands' free spirt, I envy him. I truly believe that he brings out the best in me. For every second that I am quiet and observing - he is boisterous and doesn't care what anyone thinks. Gosh I wish I could be like that. 
If I had to choose between potato chips or chocolate I would pick potato chips and then still have chocolate after. 
I want to be a great wife, I admire the old fashioned things that housewives did. I want to sew, cook, clean, be a mom oh, and have a career too. 
I can honestly say I am a bad cook. It just doesn't come natural to me. I will still try to get better everyday. 
When I get an idea or project in my head, I have to do it right then, I get very antsy.
I hardly ever sit still and relax, at any given moment my mind is racing with thoughts and worries. 
I believe in telling the people you love that you love them as much as possible. I tell my parents how much I appreciate them and love them all the time, but it isn't enough. I don't think it ever will be.
 If you want to know, I love makeup, but it wouldn't be so bad to be one of those girls who didn't need it. 
I like to write letters and send mail - real mail with a stamp and cute envelope. I think its because it brings a smile to the person receiving it.
I have a grandma who sends B and I little letters with coupons, we're newlyweds and she's looking out for us. I think it is so sweet.
I think that the best part of a road trip is the unwritten rule of stopping for snacks like beef jerky and corn nuts or something else random that I never normally eat.
Everyday you have a choice to be happy and make that day great. I try my best to be happy every single day but I do struggle with this. Sometimes I am just not having it. On those days I have found that if I start the day doing something nice for someone  else, it's always better.

What about you?




7 comments:

  1. Hi! Visiting from the Wiegand's link up. Fun blog! It's so cute and interesting. Your style is so great (and I love your hair-btw-in that picture on today's post)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm like you too. If I have a project in mind, I won't rest until it's done, while my husband, on the other hand, will have several project going on at the same time. It makes me really anxious!

    And I used to be a bad cook too. Not that I'm great, right now, but practice leads to perfection! It's all about having fun!

    Have a great weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! You are also stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm here from Casey Wiegand's "on your heart" link up! Your blog is caayute! Following now! I love your post! I did one of my own as well! I totally agree- I feel the same way about telling you parents how much you love and appreciate them and it doesn't ever feel enough. Parents have a way of loving us more than we know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog by random and I love it! I don't know too much about you or your blog fully, but I definitely will view past posts to get to know you more. I really really really loved this post, it was beautiful! You just got yourself a new follower! =) A lot of the things you wrote reminded me of myself and that was intriguing! I am glad I stop by and read this!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know me... Or knew me, but this might be a fun way to catch up.

    If you knew me: you'd know that I'm a sucker for brown eyes and a great laugh (but tattoos make me melt).
    You'd also know that the way to my heart is a fountain coke or a jar of pickes.
    I truly believe in "let it be," and try not to worry until I have to... It doesn't mean I'm good at it though.
    I pour my heart into my job and love every moment of it.
    If you knew me, you'd know I love to remember old times: forts, jumping in the pool, trading clothes, plays in your garage, and the bed with 5000 mattresses! (everyone thought that was the coolest thing ever).
    I can't hang up with my parents (or leave their house) without saying I love you.
    My biggest heartbreak is not being able to speak a third language- one that would have connected me to my family much earlier in life.
    I am a dreamer and a hopeless romantic- long distance love, miracles, it's all possible.
    I envy the girl who can wear red lipstick without looking like a clown.

    And I can't wait to be a mom after meeting my nephew.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips