Monday, August 20, 2012

A Cabin Trip

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I was lucky enough to take a little family trip up to Southern Utah for a couple days. It was quaint, quiet and just what we all wanted. It's nice to take a time out, take time with your family and look at your phone and see "NO SERVICE." It was a breath of fresh air - literally. 
Our first stop was a place my Dad insisted we try. WINGERS, it's a Utah thing and my Dad was bound to try the supposedly amazing wings he had been hearing about. I have to admit it was pretty good. I loved the popcorn on the table to snack on as well as the variety of sauces. 
Raindrops hit the windshield hard as we drive up the the huge mountain on Friday afternoon. We no longer needed AC and the windows got very cold. Dad announced that it was 49 degrees. YEP, in mid August, that's when I knew we weren't in Arizona anymore. 
We arrived to the cabin later that evening and all I can say is charming. A true cabin in the woods. This place was not modern, fancy, high-tech or foofy by any means. It was the real deal, an A frame wood cabin, green shag carpet in the loft, a wrap around porch, and a wood-burning fireplace. We had visits from deer and squirrels each morning and enjoyed every second of our family time. Saturday we woke up to a yummy breakfast and coffee on the porch. We filled the day with a bike ride, a hike, a visit into town (where we stocked up on more snacks and a movie), and lastly a walk around a beautiful lake. Family trips like this are rare. I feel very blessed to have parents that want to do stuff together with their kids. Now that I am all grown up and will be starting a family of my own, my family values will be passed on. These are the important little things that we all need to take time to do. This weekend was the true definition of QUALITY TIME. 
A weekend well spent. 











11 comments:

  1. love it!! every year we go to the mountains heres in TN and do nothing.... and i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an amazing place & the photos are gorgeous! Just came across your blog and i'm loving your style!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so wonderful!

    I am out in a tiny cabin on Lake MI this week.. I love how it makes me feel!

    xoxoxo

    samigaglio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a wonderful weekend - wish we had log cabins like that in South Africa!!!
    Family trips are so important - no matter our age or how our families grow...
    x
    Caley - www.ellieloveblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had an amazing time. I looooove the pictures, the green grass, the trees... I love it all :) Family trips are so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you look adorable in the country! :) Love your outfit and top knot ;) Isn't it refreshing to just be able to get away? I just went on a short trip to CA to visit a friend and it was JUST what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look WAY too cute to be in the middle of nowhere... and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVING your bun girl...so cute.

    And you look GORGEOUS in that last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great time! And you are so stinking adorable! We're heading out to a cabin in colorado at the end of this month. I am getting antsy looking at these photos! Love the blog btw.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips