Monday, August 6, 2012

LA Weekend.














Our little weekend trip to LA was perfect. California just has that different smell, that ocean smell. MMM.
We visited some friends who have been living in LA for about a year and a half now. They have an adorable little condo and can walk everywhere. We visited a cute little coffee shop that included latte's with bear faces on them. No idea how it's done but I loved it. Friday we had some delicious street tacos, went shopping at the third street promenade, ate churros on the pier, and concluded the night with some olympic watching.
Saturday morning we headed to The Griddle Cafe for some breakfast. This place is right on Sunset Blvd. with a line down the street. Luckily we only had to wait 45 minutes for the 5 of us. To say that the portions were BIG is an understatement. I mean these pancakes were enormous and the menu was so unique. The pancakes flavors included: "Red Velvet", "Mounds of Pleasure", "Black Magic", "Recess Time", "Yellow Brick Road" the list goes on and on. These pancakes were delish but oh so rich. B and I shared them and literally only ate 1/4 of them. We all left with 4 to-go boxes so we left them with the 2 sleeping men on benches nearby. Hopefully they got to enjoy their surprise. 
Next we headed to Hermosa beach and we couldn't have asked for more amazing weather. It was a gorgeous day and the beach was filled with volleyball players, families and lots of people soaking up the sun. 
Our final morning was spent at the local farmers market. The fruit was so colorful and fresh. I picked a few white peaches and some cactus chips for the drive home. 
Thank you California, we enjoyed our stay.

14 comments:

  1. looks like an amazing weekend! I used to live in LA and i miss it!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your colorful pictures! It sounds like you had a great time over there. I did not know it was possible to have a condo from where you can walk almost everywhere. I love going to LA, I try to go every other year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures!! Looks like a fantastic weekend...love your Ray Bans:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Griddle is one of my favorite places!! Glad you enjoyed LA!

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute and happy couple you are. It looked like you had a great time.

    BTW, I always thought that the coffee with images was Photoshopped but I guess I was wrong.

    Teodora
    teodoraslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great weekend. awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to jump into the screen and bite into the deliciousness!

    Looks like such a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are gorgeous! and seriously they like carved that whole freakin animal in a coffee cup?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you found all the best food in LA! I will have to try those pancakes next time I am up there :) YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow All the pictures are refreshing ...great blog
    happy to be your 200th follower..:)


    http://finelittlelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, I seriously gasped at that little tiger lion leopard cat guy on your coffee. That's amazing. And that burrito, oh the one thing I truly miss from home is a goood old mexican dish! Soooo yummy.
    I'm glad you both had fun in LA :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun trip! Great photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much fr the sweet comment on my blog. I'm loving yours too-just followed you on bloglovin!! This post is seriously making me want to take a California vacay!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips