Monday, August 27, 2012

Up close and personal

Up close and personal

So... to all of you married people out there, you'll know all about this topic. The big question that is inevitable after you get married. "When are you going to have kids?" Now, I must say I am completely guilty of this myself. Asking newlyweds what their next step is, not to pry but just because I'm excited for them and I guess I'm curious.
As I am asked that question, it gets me thinking about my answer. Usually I answer with a big smile, and say something like "Well, pretty soon." I don't even really know what that means. I have so many different thoughts on this, but I will say that the number one thing that comes to mind is I CAN'T WAIT. I am so excited to be a mom and have a family... to meet our kids and create the family we have always imagined. After that initial thought, I start to think about how much work it will be (obviously) and think about weather or not B and I should wait a little longer and just enjoy being us, enjoy being married. On the other hand, B and I are not 21 with years to just go do and be whatever we want. We have already had that time, time with friends and time together, time to travel and see new places, most of all time to be selfish. We've had that time. So I think I'm just going to leave this topic with a quote from my Dad, "you'll never be ready-ready." You'll always think you need to be more established or you'll think you should have certain things or be in certain places.
Oh so true, Dad. 
But, I do have a comforting feeling about this, I'm not worried and I'm not anxious. I'm confident that when we know it's time, we'll know. I'm confident that things will happen as they are supposed to and even if we aren't in x,y,z place with x,y,z things, we'll have each other and we'll be happy and we'll know it's right. 
I really just can't wait for the future, and to see what it will bring. I am so excited to have a family with B one day. It will be our family and the glimpse I have in my head - looks real nice. 

Sunday morning we were waking up and B rolled over and cuddled me real tight and said "Good morning beautiful." He made a sigh kinda like MMMMMMMH. "I love being married to you, you're my best friend," he said. We laid there and talked and just enjoyed our morning. That's what it's all about and I couldn't ask for more. 



20 comments:

  1. love these pics of you...so so pretty :) you're one of very few who can actually pull off red lips!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your dad's quote. wise man, he is!

    PS - you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, so true. We will be married 2 years in October and it's the question people ask daily. But as you do, we enjoy our morning cuddles, alone time and each other. I can say too, we're confident and excited for when that times comes, we will know.

    xx,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. It is true. We'll never be ready, ready but when the time is right it's amazing how we will know.

    Love the pictures of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww I love the part at the end about your husband rolling over, holding you tight and telling you he loves being married to you. Absolutely precious. I know where you are coming from, I've only been married 5 months and get those questions constantly. What your dad said is so true, you will never be ready-ready. It seems like you and your husband are in a great place, it will happen when it is meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, we've been married for 3 years and get asked ALL THE TIME! we would love to start a family soon.... we love our morning cuddles and date nights but would love to welcome a little peanut... when its time and meant to be, it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute!!! I have been married for 3 weeks now....I CAN'T WAIT!!! I want a kid now but just like your dad said I feel like I should do more with my life...but I really can't think of things I want to do before we have children. You and your husband sound adorable and you are freaking gorgeous woman! you would make one hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is funny to me because when I got married NO ONE asked us when we were having kids. I don't know if it's where I live or our career oriented families and friends, but when we told everyone we were pregnant two years after getting married and having been together 8 years many people were shocked. And we were both over 30 too :)

    I, like you, couldn't wait... and yes it's tough and you don't get the luxury of all that one-on-one time with your partner anymore, but it's every bit as amazing as I always dreamed. Good luck figuring things out in your own time.

    xo Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can totally relate to this topic. We've been married for a little over a year and we get asked that question ALL the time. Most of our friends have kids now so they are constantly asking us when we're joining them but we're just not ready yet either. We're so excited too but just still enjoying our time just the 2 of us! And what gorgeous pics of you.. love that lip color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dad's quote is my life motto!!! you are never 100% ready for anything but God has a plan for us all and He makes us ready... We had the same debate after getting married when we would start trying to have kiddies and we put it all in His hands and let Him make the decision for us... He decided that it would happen in the first month of trying, 9 months after our wedding and we are now blessed with the most precious little angel girl... And enjoy these special moments together until it all unfolds.
    x
    Caley - www.ellieloveblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty face! Love how you did your makeup :)

    www.fashioncontainer.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comment!

    I am in the same season in life.. newlywed(ish) and the question always comes up between my husband and I too. Our friends are always asking, now I have my family who never has asked or pushed the topic too much. I am starting to feel more ready as time goes on. Since turning 28, for some reason I feel more ready now than I ever have. My husband and I enjoy being young and having our selfish times too. Just when I think we're ready, we'll have an amazing date night and I'll think to myself "can we keep this going and still do things like this when we have kids?". I think when we're both ready we'll just know too...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dad is so right, you never feel totally 'ready'. But when it happens, it's so right.
    Cherish this time together and know that when you have your babies, they will just be a delightful addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog!

    www.thestylestorm.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look perfect, as usual, but this is not the point of my comment.
    I totally understand, people think there are a specific timing for everything. Truth is, life is better when it's full of surprises and when some unexpected things come up :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw this was so sweet to read. My husband and I had kids right after we got married and now we have two beautiful girls and have not even been married for three years yet. My advice, enjoy married life for a tad bit longer. Kids really do change the family dynamic.

    xx Jenee C.
    http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My husband and I have been married almost a year and haven't started trying for a family. I'm desparate for a baby, but we talked about it {endlessly} and decided to wait just a little while longer so save up and prepare. I can't WAIT for kids though, but right now it's fun to plan our life together and think about what they'll look like.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips