Friday, October 19, 2012

All I could ask for.

This is what it's all about. A typical morning, but perfection.


I wake up in the morning and look over to see him sound to sleep, so content. I scooch over close to him and cuddle him tight. I love resting my head on his shoulder, nice and close. I feel so safe here and oh so loved. I lay here and soak it up, our time for just a few more minutes. 

Then I pry myself out of bed and head to the shower. I have my morning routine and lucky for B, he gets to sleep a little longer. I'm jealous but I still try to be as quite as possible. 

One of my favorite parts is when I come back to say goodbye. B usually has a pillow over his head from my loudness. I lift it up and say "bye baby." Every morning, and every morning he always smiles, open or closed eyes, he smiles. This particular morning he smiled and pulled me in close and held me just a little longer. Tightly in his arms, he said, "just stay home with me today, lets just cuddle all day."
I enjoyed a couple more seconds and then headed off to start my day. 

This may seem like a boring post but to me I am so thankful, so blessed to have this amazing person to wake up to and spend my days with. I cherish these little moments because I know there will be a day that this will not happen as often. There will be little people filling our lives with love and taking away (or joining) our cuddly mornings. (Can't wait!)

(Had to include another with the full effect of pink and B somehow taking over my blanket. I'm sure he doesn't care what color it is, this thing is amazingly soft.)

I love him with all my heart.


7 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! It's definitely the little things in life that truly matter! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was a sweet post actually. i know what you mean about feeling safe. i feel the same way when i cuddle with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than these kind of sweet moments. I wish we could go back to the days when we could {and did} lay in bed and cuddle all day. Have a great weekend

    xo Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this and it gives me butterflies because I 100% know this love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute post. Your blog is so cute-- glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips