Friday, October 26, 2012

Little bits of Joy.




I was browsing some blogs earlier this week and I came across one that was a simple post of the little things. The little things that make such a big difference. 

Little things that bring me joy:

Great conversation with one of my sister in law. I don't ever want to take this for granted. I am so happy that I get along with B's family and that his sister's are so wonderful.
Finally opening up our windows at night. It's getting into the high 60's at night now and it is beautiful. The perfect amount of cold to snuggle with our big fluffy comforter.
Getting back to running. I stopped for so long and switched to other types of exercise. Getting back to running takes time. I'm motivated and I feel myself enjoying it and pushing though, making progress. Thank you to my running buddy, Sarah.
 This may be totally lame but the thought and sheer excitement of having kids. NO, I'm not pregnant but the thought of that in the future is so exciting. Knowing that B and I and our families get to experience that bring me joy.
My grandpa passed away about a month ago and at his memorial, a beautiful card was read. One part said to remember me and know I am here when you see butterflies, lately I have see lots and lots of them. That thought brings be joy. 
B and I have been married 5 months today. 
Grace. I love the word and the meaning. For some reason it sits well with me. In any situation I try to use this word. I try to respond, act and live with grace. 
A sweet email from my mother in law asking if I had any family traditions for Thanksgiving that I wanted to bring to my hubby's family. She and I have been emailing about thanksgiving and decorations and cute ideas etc. So sweet of her to ask if there is anything I want to bring into their family. 

I am very lucky and I wanted to take a second to appreciate it. It's funny, when I sat here thinking of all the little things that being me joy, these little things actually mean the most...above all else.

Linking up with Casey today:


11 comments:

  1. I found your blog from another blog I follow and I love your style! I'm Holly, your newest follower!

    PS my grandfather passed away a little over a month ago as well, I'm sorry for your loss.

    I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    Holly @ Everydays a Holly-Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. always keep your beautiful imagination and exquisite humor xx
    http://faddicshion.blogspot.hk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW IN THE WORLD am I just now finding your cuteness of a blog????
    Ahhhh I love it!! I came over from Crowley Party ;) I am sad I haven't found it before! I can't wait to catch up and read more posts! Your bachey party weekend looked perfect! I am getting married next June, trying to navigate through the planning process :) I'm adding your button to my blog now :)
    XOXO
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did one like this a little while back. I gotta get back into running too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little things are what count the most! love this post!
    http://two-leaf-clover.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are beautiful! I'm excited to be your blogging buddy. And i am definitely going to be stealing one of your buttons also.
    also, hooray for being married for 5 months! We just hit 6 months, but it feels like forever doesn't it?!
    -Ragan
    http://touchofserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! Am your newest follower from the blog hop!
    xx
    myprettymummy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!! I'm your newest follower, and I invite you to visit me and say hi :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post! And so happy I can help bring you little bits of joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you SO much for following my blog, http://www.heavenhascupcakes.blogspot.com, and for your kind words. Means so much to me! You are drop dead gorgeous and I'm LOVING your blog so much. Looking forward to reading more of it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips