Thursday, October 4, 2012

The W. Finding the dress.






As promised a few months ago, I will be organizing a full page that will be dedicated to everything wedding. I titled this The W. That was the name of the main folder on my desktop during the entire planning process so I thought I would continue it. :)

I'm going to post each topic, event, etc regarding The W. 

I wanted to start with the dress. Gosh the dress is one of the biggest things, with so much excitement, and emotion behind it. Some girls dream about this dress when they are teeny tiny and others don't really care until the day they need to find it, but I think it's safe to say that at some point or another we all think about this dress. We think about what we want, we search for styles on pinterest or in bridal magazines, all in hopes to find the one.

For me this process was not too stressful. I was so excited to look, and look for real. This was not just daydreaming about my wedding day, it was the real deal and it was my turn to find it. The day that you get to go try on wedding dresses is so fun. It happens once and it's a once in a lifetime experience. 

Before we got engaged, I admit, I started browsing the wedding category on pinterest. I found one dress that stood out above all others and saved it. Once we were engaged and it came time to actually seek out this dress or something similar, I was in search mode. I was searching for the one dress I loved. 

Here is the first original image of the dress that I loved. 

via: pinterest

Posting this just now brought back all those initial feelings I got when I found this dress. It literally made me smile every time I looked at it. 

Once I found out that the designer was Vera Wang (of course it was) I mean of course I like Vera Wang. The same thing happens to me at TJ Maxx, I go to get good deals but somehow I walk up to purses that I think are gorgeous and they are always the $300 ones! Of course. 

Anyway I end up tracking down the dress and make the appointment to go try them on. Since my Mom lives in Las Vegas, she wasn't able to be apart of the first experience which was hard but I kept in mind that I had wonderful friends to go with me and that Mom would be here soon enough, plus we sent her pictures!

Fast forward to the appointment, I saw the dress when I first walked in and it was the first dress I tried on. I tried on 3 more and still loved the first one. My girlfriends all agreed. I was pretty sure that it was the one. Then one of my girlfriends made a surprise appointment when I was visiting her in NYC so I went to a super cute boutique in the city and tried on at least 6 more but still had the very first one in the back of my mind.

Here are pictures of the one during the first appointment:



How do you know which one is the one? My advice is it will be the one that physically makes you smile. When you think about it, or see it or put it on - you'll smile and you'll know. 

27 comments:

  1. ahh I love this dress so much...and you look absolutely stunning in it!! I can't wait to see all of your wedding posts. I am getting married in January and need all the inspiration I can get.

    Molly and MacKenzie
    www.ruffledromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working in the wedding industry we occasionally work with a bride who bought a Vera. They are so beautiful we can ell without looking at the label who the designer is! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous dress! I love the sash/flower you chose to wear with it! Looking forward to hearing more about the W! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! You were a stunning bride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is absolutely gorgeous on you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newest Follower here! Super cute dress and wedding. I love all the pictures! Thanks for sharing.
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really might be THE most gorgeous dress ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So this is my first time finding your blog and sweet heavens...your wedding pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! (Oh & can I have some of that hair?!) ;)

    Anywho-newest follower here! You're to precious for words! Can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy molly! Such dresses! I couldn't possibly give advice they all look great. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came across your blog and am super excited about it. You are adorable. The dress is beautiful. How i knew the dress was the one? I didn't! I designed it because let's face it..I could NOT find "the dress." Haha!

    amanda @ we and serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  11. stopping by from casey's blog... you are stunning. what beautiful wedding pictures! i love the ones of you sitting on the couch. so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower to your adorable blog!! I love it, and you are absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Looking forward to reading more!

    Check out my blog at: http://inoneaccord2011.blogspot.com/

    -Britt

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous dress! My sister bought a Davids Bridal Vera Wang Dress! You clearly made the right choice! perfect pick!

    http://two-leaf-clover.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What store in AZ did you get your wedding dress from? Mine came from Schaffer's Bridal in Scottsdale.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG!!! that dress is so amazing!
    love love your blog! :))

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  16. new[est] follower. can't wait to keep following along. seriously, your dress was absolutely stunning!

    stop by sometime!
    kalobandelise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress is to die for, you look so stunning! Glad to have found your blog <3

    Best,
    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  18. This dress is amazing!!! you look stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you are doing this "series" the W. I need this for my wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful dress, and gorgeous photos! You look absolutely stunning. Thanks for the comment and for following me! Following you back :) Can't wait to see more!

    <3 Josephine
    www.champagnestar.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello! I like your blog, im following you now, if you like my blog, follow me back please!

    And if you have facebook page or Twitter, we can follow each other if you like it! XoXo

    www.shoesandbasics.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!! There is no better moment than when you find "the one" in a wedding dress!! It is one of the most important choices a girl will make - and I love yours!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful!

    My dress was the 3rd one I tried on...and its so true you just know when you put it on!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can completely relate to this post ... I still haven't found "the one" :( I am actually going to Cincinnati this coming Saturday with my girlfriends to look and hopefully will come home with THE DRESS ha! Your dress is very very similar to what I am looking for actually!! I love the belt w/ the flower bow! That is so chic! Who made your dress if you don't mind me asking??
    Love it! It was beautiful, you looked stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips