Wednesday, November 14, 2012

a best friend gift.

i have been wanting to share a really beautiful gift that i have both given, and received. this time of year we all need great ideas for gifts, especially if we can find something unique and special. this is one of the gifts that i got my maid of honor. when i saw it, it was perfection. a gold bangle is timeless. plus right now with all the layering of bracelets and big watches, it is super stylish, too. on top of that, it has the sweetest inscription on it. on the outside, it reads: peas in a pod, birds of a feather, two of a kind, perfect pair and partners in crime. then, on the inside BEST FRIEND EVER.

get it here


my maid of honor loved this gift and wears it all the time. it makes me happy, and i know it is something she'll always have to remember our amazing friendship as well as the day she stood by me for the biggest moment of my life, thus far. a few months later, my birthday to be exact. i opened up a beautifully wrapped and oh so familiar bright pink and purple round box, tied with a bow. truly, to my surprise... there was the bracelet. it was so special to receive the very same gift, to know she wanted me to have one just like her. i love looking down at it, it's classy, beautiful and full of special meaning. a great gift to give and receive for a birthday, wedding, christmas gift or the good old just because reason. thank you mer, i love my bracelet, you, and our amazing friendship. we have been through so much over the past 13+ years. you are like my sister that i've never had, always there through thick and thin. i can't wait to see where we are in the next 10 years of our lives. i do know one thing, we'll still have these bracelets and our lifelong friendship.

oh and just in case you want to see this best friend of mine, here she is.


13 comments:

  1. Where did you get this?! This would be a great surprise for my MOH, my best friend of 22 years!!! And sadly she just moved for Florida at the beginning of the month, so I would like to give her something really special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Just the perfect gift!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is the PERFECT idea!! Thanks so much for sharing!
    www.lovealwaysnancyj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely, special and sentimental gift.
    Very special friends x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet post. My sister is engaged and she got me (her maid of honor) and all of her bridesmaids this same bangle!

    http://two-leaf-clover.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift! I love the personalized gifts! That is one question that I wish I would have put in this week's posts, "How did you find your wedding party gifts?" I think ladies struggle with what to get! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should each do a post on that and then swap them on our blogs! :) Let me know if you're interested!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE it. Such a sweet gift. Thanks for sharing :) ♥Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely! Beautiful pictures too. Your wedding must have been gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about this post. Love the bracelet, love your wedding decor, love your hair. And you have the cutest BFF.

    http://www.floatonblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a sweet gift! great idea...might have to steal it! :)
    www.taleofwe.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this bracelet!
    I think I'm going to give it to a friend for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips