Tuesday, January 29, 2013

OUR CHALKBOARD! DIY!

as promised, here is my latest project. i love our chalkboard and i love writing quotes or cute sayings for certian times of year. i have always wondered how people get the perfect fonts on their chalk boards! i mean, my handwriting is fine but i can't get it that perfect and i can't free hand this style. so i went to pinterest of course and tried out some techniques myself. i was so excited about how it turned out and how simple it was, that i had to share! hope you enjoy! here is the finished product and the steps are below!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my cute!! Love this!! Btw I couldn't help but notice how cute your outfit is! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I do super love the chalkboard idea. Genius :) love your beanie too ;)

    Http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! Love the letters! Where did you find the font?

    -Amy
    http://theblankpagesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is BRILLIANT! I have terrible hand writing, and have been looking for a solution! I need to give this a try... Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE how this turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need one of those pens! My chalk writing always looks like a hot mess! Where can I find them? Hobby Lobby?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so beautiful! I've never thought to do this before! So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest DIY EVER! It came out great...love love love your blog :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! I would have never thought of doing it that way, so cute and I LOVE that saying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!

    I'm your newest follower from the Follow Friend Friday Link Party! Love this project! It turned out amazing! Pinning for later ;)

    See ya around!
    Allison
    Finding My Happy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this quote! I travel quite a bit with my husband so this quote soothes me when I'm preparing for a new adventure with him or when I'm missing home :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is genius!!!! I've always wondered how people get things to look that perfect too!
    love your blog :) followed back love!!!!

    stephanieslook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips