Monday, January 21, 2013

WELL, WE DID IT!


Well guys, we finished the half marathon! It is such a great feeling today! So just to give you some history on this, I have never ever been one of those natural runner people. Like, never could I just go out for a 4 mile run whenever I felt like it. I have always been athletic, played sports etc. I love to go to body pump classes or spin classes but running was just never my thing. So when we (Sarah, my running buddy) and I decided to start training and we set our minds to it, there was no turning back. We were going to do it. It was so great to have a partner, someone to count on to be there for you and someone to run with in case late night runs were all there was time for. I would also recommend to follow a training schedule. We followed this one. Try not to stray from it, even through the holidays, we stayed on track and made time for the runs. I really think that is what made the difference. 

If you would have asked me 2 years ago or even 1 year ago to do a half marathon I would have said no way! I can't run! But it was something that I wanted to accomplish, at least once, something to show myself that I could do. 

The "day of" was so fun and exciting, we arrived to Mill Avenue at about 7:30, made a bathroom stop and let me just tell you, the worst kind of portable bathroom type stop, oh and expect lines for them! Yuck! Then we found our corral and we were off! It's called the rock and roll half marathon because there are bands set up along the way, playing live music. On top of that there are so many amazing volunteers that are cheering for you and encouraging you throughout! High school spirt lines, cheer leaders, bands etc so cute and just cheering away! That helps so much!

So we did run the entire thing, no stopping what-so-ever but we aren't the fastest girls ever, we kept a good solid pace and did it! To anyone out there thinking about it, DO IT! It is such a good feeling, and great accomplishment. Thank you Sarah for being the best running buddy ever! You always came though... with a job, hubby and two little ones you trained for this as well. You are a super mamma! Oh and thank you Bryce and our friends for coming down to cheer us across the finish line! It meant so much to seeing your smiling faces at the end! 

We finished! 
About to cross the finishline!
Almost done!
Our pre-race dinner loading up on carbs, traditional spaghetti and meatballs! haha we are so dorky and follow all the pieces of running advice! 
Here we are the ad before at the Expo picking up our goodies! 

16 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations! I used to run a little (not much-ha!) but I was terrible. This gives me inspiration though! Maybe one day I will try to get back into it! Congrats again!

    Fanny
    www.pinstripedpenguin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO AWESOME! I am running the St Pete rocknroll half on Feb. 10! As long as my knee is better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to do a half marathon for EVER! Maybe this is the year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an accomplishment!
    Enjoy this feeling as long as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, great jov. Your life is officially changed forever! I am a runner and LOVE the half marathon. It's my favorite:) I have a whole section dedicated to races on my blog:) xoxoxo congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job! Congrats to you! I hope to run the half next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. Congratulations. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your lovely lovely comment, and of course for following. Following you Kristal, interesting blog. You looked so beautiful on your wedding day.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What an achievement :) a half marathon is the next on my check list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing accomplishment! Congrats girl! Thank you so much for visiting my blog:)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a third of the way through training for my first 5K in March!
    Congrats on your achievement!!
    xoxo
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay congratulations!! And seriously, only you could look flawless after finishing a half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats girl! You def give me faith in being able to do it. Like you, I've never been the best runner. I've done a 10k before, but I don' know about half marathon! My knees kill me after a while...Maybe if I had the right conditioning? I'm off to look at your training guide.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS girl - you can be super proud!!
    I wish I had the determination to do it too x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! So glad it is over, but kind of want to do another one...wish there was one next weekend :)
    So proud of you/us for sticking with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! That is so awesome! Didn't it feel so good to finish? After I did my first full, I remember standing in the shower crying because I was just so darn proud of myself.

    I hope you've had a lovely Monday...

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips