Monday, February 4, 2013

GETTING PERSONAL ON MY LAST NAME.

this past week i met up with a friend who recently got engaged and after talking about the engagement and ring and lots of wedding stuff, it got me thinking. thinking about the ring on my finger and the new last name that i will have forever, i think about how blessed i am, i used to use the word lucky, but i believe blessed is more accurate. i like to believe that good things come to the people that treat others well, value friendship and family and cherish their life, day to day. i like to believe that my actions as a person are the reason that i am happy and at this point in my life, it has to be more than luck. 

with that being said, i am sometimes hesitant to post personal pictures of family members just because they mean so much to me and it's a big deal to share them on here, but I just couldn't hold this one in. with my new last name comes this amazing group of people right here, my family. i was sitting here thinking as i write my last name throughout my day how proud i am to have this last name. how proud i am to be a part of this family. they are the most wonderful people and i could not have asked for a better family to marry into. i'm a aunt to 10 nieces and nephews, look at them all just smiling away. oh and don't you love how my mother in law coordinated everyone's attire to match our wedding colors, oh so sweet of her. love my family.


21 comments:

  1. Gorg photo pretty girl! You are right, you are very blessed!

    www.McKennaBleu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! You're blessed to have such a large family to share everything with.
    And I do love how your mother in law matched everyone, it made for a wonderful picture!

    KimberlyyCharlotte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have a beautiful family!! i love the colors and the rustic feel of your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome photo!! I love my in laws, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe how well blended that look is! What a great idea to have all the relatives coordinate like that! Beautiful photo! And you're right, family is such a sweet, sweet blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photo and you are right about the blessed part. I love your attitude and take on the whole situation.

    Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing. I'm so happy for you. Marrying into a great family who loves you is one of the biggest blessings... Unfortunately, I'm not in the same porision, but I have the love of my life... we are happy, and that's all that matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful picture! And it's so nice to hear of another woman, now wife, proud to carry her new family's last name! That is awesome!

    www.mommacandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post hun! x

    http://pamperedpout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful family! Great post, so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful picture! I love your wedding colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this - so sweet. New last names are so special - I'll get mine in 3 months from today!!! Yay for marriage and family.

    -Bree @ aBree Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww love the coordination! i think this was on tys grandmas wall? they send that out for christmas cards? i think i have only met your f/i/l.. but still makes me laugh we are somehow related!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely family!!! And also the dresses are great.

    Online Kids Games

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous family and I love the colors you chose! xo
    Check out my online beauty store: http://beautybymissash.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful family! I'm so glad I found your blog :) loving your posts and all your outfits! now following :)

    xo-ally
    sunnysweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. your so pretty :)

    check out my new blog :)
    http://stylishmammy.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow. 10 neices and nephews is a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips