Friday, February 8, 2013

HONEYMOONING!

Seeing that we are in the middle of winter and I am beyond pale, I thought now would be the perfect time to post our honeymoon pictures! Yes, this was in June of last year but I haven't shared them yet so here you go! I tried to keep them in order as best as we could.
Disclosure, we had to take a lot of the pictures ourselves so be prepared, these are the real deal. 
We left for our honeymoon 4 days after the wedding. We did plan is this way because our wedding fell on a holiday weekend so everyone had the Monday after it off. We wanted to have a day to recoup and say our thank you's and good byes to all of our out of town family and friends. I am so glad that we did leave for a few days after, the wedding itself is enough to pack and get ready for let alone to have a full honeymoon bag packed before as well. That just sounded stressful to me and like I said, I wanted to come home and take it all in, read our sweet cards, open our gifts and spend time with people before we were off to have our week away, together. So just a little piece of advice for anyone planning this or thinking about options.
We chose to go the Dominican Republic and I am so glad we did, our route was from Phoenix to Atlanta then on to Punta Cana. It is so beautiful there, as you'll see the beach is white and the water is blue - its breathtaking. We honestly did a whole lot of relaxing, soaking up the sun and the water, walking on the beach and listening to the ocean. We drank fun cold drinks from the pool swim up bars, layed in cabanas, and made other honeymooning friends from Alabama, Minnesota and Georgia all soaking up the bliss of being a newlywed. It's such a special time and after the whirlwind of having a wedding, there is a reason for a honeymoon time to be together and just "be." 
One of the mornings I went to the spa (picture of the whirlpools below) for a massage and it was so soothing and relaxing, a morning well spent. While I was there, B played a round of golf on the beautiful course at the hotel, he said it was a blast and even made a random friend. Each night the hotel had activities for the guests, everything from karaoke, a cirque du soilel type show and barbecues on the beach. It was so nice to have nightly activities. One of the days we planned an excursion that was a tour of the country. We got picked up in the morning in this big jeep type thing and were out the whole day. We visited a school, toured the countryside, got to visit a traditional home and tour it, went horseback riding, went to a cigar and sugar cane making place, then last but not least we went to a private and very gorgeous beach. It was a jam packed, eventful day. Definitely a time to be thankful for all that we have here and also to be so thankful we were able to travel to such a beautiful place. 
After 7 days of being off the grid and in our own little honeymoon world, it was time to get back to reality. Although it was hard to leave this place we called home for the past 7 days, I was happy to return to our new home, together... oh and with the best tan - the sun down there gave us the nicest bronzed glow. 

24 comments:

  1. AW! This looks PERFECT! We're actually leaving the week after our wedding for the same reasons. I want to have that time to get home and look through cards, gifts, and pack before leaving for 7 days. We're going to Honduras, so there will be lots of beach laying, horseback riding and adventure as well. Love your tan too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two look like you had an amazing time :) great pictures and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks amazing! what hotel did you stay at? my boyfriend and i are planning a trip to punta canta this year.

    xoallison.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHH! I am MORE than ready for our honeymoon!!Why does it have to be so far away???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks like such a fun honeymoon! I could so go for some sun and sand right about now, we're getting buried in snow here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi. i'm following the "aloha friday" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev
    ps happy honeymoon

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two are ridic adorable and I want to be in the Dominican now!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stunning in the photos, I think glowing kind of helps.
    I went to the Dominican in October, so gorgeous- really wouldn't mind being there on this rainy dark day! Beautiful photos ♥

    www.tailoreddays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful pics - honeymoon pics are so special and romantic!
    Can't beat the beach and sunshine too = love your pink bikini x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures. You are beautiful...following back from The Real McCoy(s)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Friday.
    I'm your newest follower.
    I also have a hop going on right now, would be great if you stop by and link up your blog.
    Have a nice day.
    Nan
    http://www.blogshe.net/2013/02/be-one-fine-day-happy-new-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. We went to Punta Cana too! Funny enough, I have a lot of the same pictures that you have - and I think we went on the same excursions! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww what lovely honeymoon pictures! It looks beautiful, the DR is definitely now on my completely-imaginary-far-in-the-future-might-never-happen honeymoon list...!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got married on a holiday weekend and left for my honeymoon the day after my wedding and you are right...very stressful. From having the bags already ready, to not having time to say goodbye to friends and far away family. It stunk, but there was only one cruise that fit into our small budget and time frame. So at least we got a honeymoon :-) Punta Cana looks gorgeous! One day I will have to go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely picture's, you two are adorable xo! After looking at these pic's I NEED A VACATION lol..

    My online beauty store: http://beautybymissash.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are absolutely stunning!!! I LOVE all these pictures. It looks like you two had an amazing time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh that looks like so much fun!!! Especially since we are sitting in 2 feet of snow! YOu are gorgeous

    Shelby
    http://brandonandshelby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a beautiful honeymoon you two had, and the photos are fabulous! I came by via the FTF blog hop and now follow on GFC, hope you can visit back and maybe follow if you like what you see.
    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. the DR looks so postcard perfect, and you two seem so happy and cute together!!!!!!!!!!!! glad i found your blog!


    zealouslyzika.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute pics!

    What mascara do you use? Have you ever done a post with products you use and love??

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. looks like so much fun! congratulations! so glad I stumbled upon your blog! new follower :)

    Saralyn

    www.studiomaisonblog.us

    ReplyDelete
  23. That looks like a gorgeous hotel and fantastic vacay! Thanks for stopping by. Following you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like so much fun! We got married last June in Laguna Beach, but didn't get to honeymoon because of job stuff! Hoping to go on one soon though :) I noticed in your blog name that you live in AZ! Me too :) I'm a teacher in Phoenix, and new to the area- I'm loving AZ though. But I can agree, I'm pale right now, and wishing for summer so I can lay out more :)
    I look forward to hearing back from you, and keeping in touch! It's always fun to meet bloggers from the area you live in :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips