Monday, March 11, 2013

FETA & PESTO STUFFED CHICKEN WITH ASPARAGUS!

It's been a little while since I have shared a recipe so I thought this one would be perfect! B was away for the weekend on a boys golf trip and arrived home Sunday afternoon so I thought I should be a good wife and make dinner for us that night. My good friend Carly and I had lots of quality girl time over the weekend, shopping, movie night in, brunch, farmer's market and then a hike. We talked a lot about getting healthy and finding new recipes, learning if you will. I like trying new things and especially if they are healthy and helping out with the toning up for summer! Carly told me about a great recipe during our hike, feta & pesto stuffed chicken. I was sold, plus I already had chicken and feta so I made a quick run for pesto and grabbed so asparagus to go with. This really is about a 15 minute meal (ours was a little longer because the chicken breasts were on the larger side.)

Each serving of the chicken breast is 230 calories and the asparagus is under 40 calories! This is a great healthy meal and is from the weight watchers menu. The flavor is amazing and you'll be feeling totally satisfied after!

What you need:

    4-5oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1/2 cup crumbled reduced fat Feta cheese
    2 tablespoons pesto sauce
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    3 tbsp sliced fresh basil


Prepare and cook:

1. To make stuffing, combine feta, pesto and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
2. Make a pocket in side of each chicken breast by inserting sharp paring knife into thickest part and gently cutting back and forth until a small chamber opens; do not cut all the way through breasts. Enlarge pockets gently with your fingers. Spoon about 2 tablespoons stuffing into each pocket. Close pockets with wooden toothpicks and sprinkle breasts with another 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. 
3, Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, 6-7 minutes per side. Remove toothpicks and sprinkle breasts with basil. Enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. Wow - girl. This looks AMAZING!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmm! I love a recipe involving ingredients already in my fridge:-) yay! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds and looks delicious! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Thanks for sharing! Pinned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looked so yummy on instagram! i am glad tyou are giving away the recipe!! i cant wait to try it!! I am having a giveaway on the blog tmrw! i would love it if you could check it out! i am sure you would love the statement necklace i am giving away!!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg this is genius. Pinning this. Can't wait to try it!

    Http://streetlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey... Just popping over and following on GFC from last week's Aloha Friday Hop. I would love for you to stop by my blog if you have time and if you like follow too. :) Hope you're having a great week. :)

    xoxo,
    Melissa
    thisgirlslifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, yum, yum!! This looks absolutely amazing, Kristal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello. I saw you at the Aloha Friday blog hop and I am your newest follower in GFC from http://inhighheelsanddogtags.blogspot.jp/. I look forward to seeing you over at my blog next :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh - this look absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!! I feel like I need one right now, you've made me so hungry. I'd love to try making it! Thanks for sharing (and making me really hungry!)

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That looks so delish! I have to try that out this weekend. The Mr. and I like to make unique dishes together on the weekends. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks amazing! Definitely going to have to try this recipe. XO!

    Elvy
    Pigtails and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I will fly to Arizona tomorrow night for dinner at your house;)

    Erika
    stylebyerika.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks amazing! I'll have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing! If you don't have a chicken marsala recipe I recently put one up on mu blog if you wanna check it out. Super good!
    http://intowanderlust.com/recipes/

    ReplyDelete
  15. AHHH this looks amazing! I'm writing this one down for when I have guests over! (Eating out can get so expensive!)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips