Thursday, April 4, 2013

A HEALTHY LITTLE TREAT!





I keep seeing these protein bites on pinterest, who doesn't want a healthy little snack?! I searched for a bit, looking thru recipes and I ended up tweeking a couple to make my own. These literally take like 5 minutes to make and the instructions are super simple! 

You see all that stuff above? Literally dump it all in a mixing bowl, stir it up really good until everything is mixed well. Put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Take it out, lay some wax paper down and make little balls. Whatever size you wish and just place them on the paper. No baking, no nothing! I let mine sit for about an hour then placed them in a container and popped them in the fridge!

Oh and I ended up putting them in cute little cupcake wrappers for my friends bday at work the following day. She likes to eat healthy and I thought it was the perfect alternative to cupcakes, plus everyone LOVED them! 


15 comments:

  1. mmm these look good. I'm not the biggest fan of coconut, but I'm sure if i made them without, they'd still take good! :)
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! These look awesome and pretty much fit into my new yeast free lifestyle. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMM! These look so good and so easy to make!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look delicious! I will have to give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely trying these! Thank you!

    Xo, Amanda

    theamandakathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so yummy!! would u mind if i emailed you i have some getting fit questions i want to ask you?
    have a great day
    XO
    kiki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Looks tasty! I can't wait to try it out.


    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look great! I'm working on getting in better shape right now so this is a really helpful post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, those look so tasty and easy!

    I'll have to make something like this soon myself!

    Siobhain

    www.thehapagirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh yum! I've got to try that; we could use some treats around the house to nibble on!

    sincerelydanirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this looks like a delicious snack! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristal-- yumm!!!

    I love these. I make them at home but without flax seeds and I use gluten free oats. I'll have to try these little additions like the coconut. Delish!

    Great post!
    XO Jenna
    Demureindiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness those looks SO yummy! So making those!

    Shelby
    http://brandonandshelby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I make these all the time- at my hubby's request! SO good! http://letalately.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips