Monday, April 29, 2013

A Midi Black Dress!

Ok so today I am going to share a little dilemma that I have always had when it comes to dresses. 
They are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS too short! As I have mentioned before, I am 5'9'' in flats. On top of that I think I have a longer waist or torso so with those to factors combined, 
dresses = shirts in my world! 
So I'm sure you can imagine how excited I was to find this midi dress! I love the length. I think its classic and completely appropriate. I will admit that I will not be wearing this again anytime soon unless I am out of AZ because we hit the 100's last week and this thing can't be worn in those temps! Ok back to the length, ASOS also offers midi-length skirts and dresses so if you like this length, check there too.
This dress is Topshop and actually my first ever Topshop purchase. I love it. The material is great and it's thick so it doesn't show every little detail underneath. 

Now, on to the shoes. These are my first Sole Society purchase too! 
I love them.
They are comfy.
They are great for work.
They go with everything.
They were like $30!

As many of you probably already know, Sole Society gives you $20 off your first purchase so that's why these were a steal! 
(Dress: Topshop, Heels: Sole Society, Watch: Michael Kors, Sunglasses: Ray Ban, Bag: H&M)

22 comments:

  1. Oh! I love this! I'm tall too. (5'8) Knowing where to get longer dresses like this is awesome! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your hair and figure look amazing! Love this dress, i have one like this too!
    Love your blog, its amazing! xxxx

    velvetpassion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE a black dress!! I have the opposite prob... too long always- 5 ft tall :( haha!
    Madison
    http://www.foreverroomies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is fantastic! So classy and versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this dress! So classy and you look gorgeous....
    p.s. what lipstick are you wearing? I love it..

    xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look GORG in this dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain when it comes to dresses..I'm 5'9 as well! But this one is perfect! You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look freaking A-M-A-Z-ING in that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm 5'8 and have such a long torso - finding shirts and dresses that are appropriate can be a challenge. When I want to buy a cute dress to go out in it's complicated because so many end up showng my butt cheeks - classy, I know. I need to check out Asos - it's been forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the same problem w/dresses! I am 5'10" and every dress is a mini on me. That's why I love midi and maxi dresses :) Yours is especially gorgeous! Looks amazing on you.
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE that you are so tall! im almost 5'8 and im ALWAYS the tallest!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're not twins, but sort of. I am 5'9'' with the worlds longest torso as well. I told my Mom if Michael Phelps and I had kids, they'd by awesome swimmers. But I guess any child of his would be a good swimmer, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress fits you like a glove! perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable!! Very slimming too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look Gorg!! I love these shoes! I have been looking for a great nude shoe and these are perfect!! I'm going to try sole society out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As a girl with a lot of junk in her trunk I can relate to the too-short dress dilemma. For me though the back of my dresses are always shorter than the front, but you look amazing and I'm glad you found a flattering length!

    Cheers!

    Siobhain

    The Hapa Girl

    ReplyDelete
  17. You pull of the midi like no others! Such gorgeous hair! Lovely body too hehe I'm jelly

    Yolennie
    www.lavenderfedora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous!! I desperately wish I could wear a midi, but I think I'm too short! Blah!!
    I just started a new fashion linkup and tomorrow's inspiration is Maxi//Midi//Metallic...guess I'm right on trend with your midi look :-)
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kristal!!

    Love this look- so simple and beautiful! Those shoes are hot! I need to go shoe shopping, love this!

    XO Jenna
    Demureindiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look ridiculously amazing in the dress! You have me considering this dress for an upcoming wedding. XO!

    Elvy
    Pigtails and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  21. Every brunette needs to know a rocking blonde bombshell! haha..this dress is so simple, yet so gorgeous on you! It does everything flattering for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips