Friday, June 14, 2013

Playing With Prints or Flower Patch

I realized it's getting harder to think of cute and creative post titles, for this one I wanted to talk about summer and prints/patterns. Then my oh so hilarious husband refered to me as Flower Patch. Short and sweet, when he saw me in this dress, that is what came to his mind. Needless to say, I provided both of our ideas and here's todays post! Boys are so random and so so simple I mean I will sit here for a few minutes thinking of a great title and they he just rattles off something ridiculous.

To be honest, patterns are something I have always been weary of. I am getting much better with prints and patterns and just going for it. I use to be a solid kind of girl with maybe just maybe a print in there somewhere. Now I try to challenge myself to buy things that I typically wouldn't. For some reason I am leaning toward patters and colorful items now. When I found this dress I was just in love. So bright and a great fit for my body. I actually wore this last weekend for our BBQ with some simple gold sandals and a long gold necklace. It is so comfy and to me it looks very put together. Perfect for a summer baby or bridal shower, a shopping day with friends or even a date night with my hubs. I found this at Nordstrom Rack and since I can't provide you with a link to this direct item, I went ahead and put together a few others dresses of the same brand, at Nordstrom right now. (Scroll to the very bottom for link ups!)





19 comments:

  1. Love the dress! And you've got great hair girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty dress. I'm with you on the prints - it's mostly solids in my closet, but this dress is definitely doable!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love this dress on you, it's so adorable..

    Xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the print of that dress - beautiful!

    Megan
    budgetfashion101.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is perfect on you!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prints are fun! love this color combo of the purple you're wearing!

    tomatochic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute dress on you! Love option #1 too! Hope your enjoying Utah! I'm sure you're not missing these 100 degree + temps! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drooling over your shoes girly!! And I am right there with you on being braver with pattern choices...it's just so hard to get out of my v neck, maxi, and added necklace comfort zone haha. And men? Soooo random... mine says the weirdest stuff when I am looking for the right blog wording!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dress! & you're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha "flower patch"... men. Love this dress, so gorgeous on you!

    Xo, Amanda

    theamandakathryn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute and I'm loving the pattern!!
    Sherry
    http://www.thelifeofthepartyblog.com/2013/06/fashion-informant-linkup-feeling-nautical-on-the-gloria.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute look!
    Come and link up over at my blog for Fashion Friday Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this dress!!! And you have gorgeous hair! Love your style :)

    The Style Storm
    xo, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this floral dress and that lip color is amazing!!! I would love for you to come linkup this floral dress with my linkup today. ; )
    walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kristal,

    love those black booties with your summer dress! Super cute :) you look lovely in purple!

    XO Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pattern, you look gorgeous babe! Glad I found your blog!
    xx,
    Becky
    www.cellajane.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute print on this dress! You look gorgeous :) Visiting from the Trend Spin Link up!

    Katie
    Style Diary

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous as always! i wish i could pull off lipstick colors!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips