Friday, June 21, 2013

REVIEW ON DRY SHAMPOO!

I have been using Dry Shampoo's for quite a few years now. I first started with Bumble and Bumble, I love this product and I didn't mind spending the money on it. However, as more and more companies created their own versions, I began branching out especially when they are less than half of the price of Bumble and Bumble. Since the move, I accidentally packed away my current go to dry shampoo which is Batiste, so I went out on the hunt for a new one. I have tried all four of these and my reviews are at the bottom! 
Since my hair is so blonde and to be honest, it's dry. It has to stand all the dyeing I do to it so I don't like to wash it everyday. It's not good for your hair to wash, blowdry and use hot irons on it everyday so I like to wait 2 or even 3 days in between washes and thank goodness for dry shampoo becuase without it, I would definiteyl not be able to go as long! 

From left to right:


// Batiste Original (also comes in a floral scent, brown color and fresh scent) $3.99 at Ulta or TJ MAXX or online.
• I love this, this is one of my favs! I have tried 2 of the scents and both are fabulous! They really help with volume and freshening up my roots! 

// TRESemme FRESHSTART Dry Shampoo for fine.oily hair (also comes in formula for color treated hair, a sleek formula and dry formula) $4.49 at Target, Walmart, Ulta etc.
• I just purchased this one becuase it got rave reviews from another blogger I follow. So far so good, I don't really like the scent but it's cheap and it's makes your hair kinda of rough feeling which makes it tease and style better!

// Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder (also comes in Blonde, Black, Brown, light Brown and shown here, White) $36.00 at salons, online and Sephora.
• All time FAV! BUT it'd $32.00 and that is just ridulious! I buy this in the white color becuase my hair is so light but when my roots are showing, the white spray powder doesn't look so hot against the dark roots. With that being said, I am at a point that I like the top 2 choices better, I mean $32.00 juat doesnt seem absolutely necessary when the others exist!

// Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Spray $21.00 at Sephora (I found it for $7.99 at TJ MAXX)
• This I bought last week and my review is Ehhh. Not my favorite. I didn't see any difference and didn't like the scent. I probably won't even use what I bought and won't buy again!

19 comments:

  1. I love Batiste, and it's a great deal!!!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sampled a lot as well, but the best dry shamp ever is everyday corn starch. Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to try dry shampoo so thanks for the tips on great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big Sexy is my favorite! Every time I see it at TJ Maxx I stock up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite cheap dry shampoo I've tried:
    http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/Not-Your-Mothers-Clean-Freak-Refreshing-Dry-Shampoo?skuId=870124

    I think it works even better than the Tresemme, just FYI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, thanks for sharing! I have been thinking about using dry shampoo a little more, but wasn't sure what kind to get. I think I'm gonna get some Batiste!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rock the Suave and LOVE it...have you tried that on?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so funny that you posted this! I was just going to do a dry shampoo review also. I just started using the Batiste and I think I found my new favorite. I might try the Treseme though since you mentioned about the teasing :) Thank you for sharing!

    Rikki @ lbyrikki.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried Tresseme and didn't really like it too much. I'll have to try Batiste. My hair is pretty good at lasting a few days before washes but the last day really pushes the dirty looking factor. Dry shampoo could really help.
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tried the Tresseme and didn't like it. Does the Batiste one leave your hair rough as well? I definitely want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the review! I am in the market for a new dry shampoo to use for styling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I may dry shampoo problem haha...the Suave brand has been my new obsession lately. But I love trying different brands :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried the Tresemme and Batiste and I didn't like either of them. To be honest I am not a fan of dry shampoo but it's probably because I haven't found the one that I love. I have heard a lot of good reviews on the Oscar Brandi but I haven't tried it yet.. I should probably give it try.

    xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dove just put out a dry shampoo and it's my favorite cheap drug store dry shampoo! I've tried all the dry shampoos you mentioned but the Dove one is the best so you should try it out next!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dove is my fav.. you should really try it!! Its amazing and cheap!

    www.blondeebrittany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this review! I have oily hair so I swear by dry shampoo. I agree with you the Batiste is amazing. That's what I use and at that price pretty unbeatable. Hope you're settling in well.

    XO!
    Elvy
    Pigtailsnpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the reviews! I've been looking into getting a dry shampoo and this has been helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the review, always good to know what else is out there and how the competish stacks up!

    Cheers,
    Chelsey
    http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I liiiiive for dry shampoo! Batiste and TRESemme are my absolute favs! I've been wanting to try the Dove one...have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips