Thursday, June 20, 2013

SATURDAY MORNING HIKE & WAFFLES!

Last weekend my friend and I planned a Saturday morning hike, I love starting the weekend off right with some exercise or something active. In AZ, hiking is not an option in the summer but in Utah, ahhhh the perfect time to be outside. Here's some information on the hike we did, I would absolutely recommend it if you are looking for something moderate with beautiful views at the top!

Desolation Trail to Salt Lake Overlook (Overlook Trail, Trail 019 ) - (4.8 miles round trip). Trail is accessed from the Desolation trailhead located just east of Millcreek Inn on the south side of the canyon. This a moderately strenuous hike that leads to a fantastic view of the Salt Lake Valley. The Overlook Trail is also a popular snowshoe trail in winter.

It started off a little on the cooler side (at least to me) and as we climbed up, the sun was shining and it was just perfect. The tall trees and smell were amazing. The hike took us about an hour and a half I believe so it was a good amount of time in the morning without losing a huge chunk of the day. 

After the hike we went to a great little food truck called "Saturday's Waffle" it was delicious! The portions are just perfect, not too much where you feel stuffed! I got a Waffle with Vanilla bean & candied pecan topping with banana's and whipped cream. It was basically a dessert but I loved it!  It's just a teeny little food truck in the Olympus Hills Shopping Plaza. Visit their website here to see all the waffle choices and more information. They are open every Saturday from 8 am - Noon. 





6 comments:

  1. Yum- waffles!! And love the hike looks fun! I'm all about exercise and fitness so I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I want to hike in the mountains and eat waffles from a food truck. I need to look into moving out west. xoLili

    www.satinandscotch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! I LOVE little foodie trucks like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hikes & waffles - what could be better?! Can I come next time? :)

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hike! You're lucky to live so close to Utah hiking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips