Thursday, August 8, 2013

A LITTLE MOTIVATION FOR YOUR THURSDAY!

I have been wanting to do this post for quite awhile! I am so proud of one of my friends and I just had to share her story with you! Losing weight is on everyone's mind these days, I honestly don't know anyone who feels just perfect the way they are. Even my teeniest, in shape friends have something that they want to change. I feel like I am constantly seeing weight loss commercials, pills, dieting programs etc, as we all are. This post is special to me because it's one of my very best friends' weight loss story, and I am oh-so proud of her. She was one of my bridemaids and has been one of my very best friends for over 10 years. 
In January of this year she began working out and changing her eating habits, then shortly after she started working with a personal trainer, along with that she started a shake mix called ViSalus. It's a powder that you use for smoothies and replace 2 meals with a smoothie. I must mention there are a ton of recipes so you have lots of variety in shake combinations. Below are some pictures of her journey over the past 7 months. It's pretty incredible to see it before my very eyes, she has worked so hard and has completly changed her life. I told her I wanted to post something about what she has done on my blog and I'm so happy she was up for it! I also got more information on her program and made a little list of basics to start the shakes and things to get started for recipe ideas. 


I wanted to put together a little collage of some basic things to get you started with making shakes. Along with the shake mix, these items can get you started with lots of variety. 

Go here for shake recipies:

Now on to the BEFORE/AFTER pics! 


Doesn't she look amazing?!

Q & A with Carly:

Are you keeping track of your exact weight loss in pounds?
- Yes, I am down 66 pounds since January of this year.
How often are you drinking a shake?
- I have a breakfast shake 5-6 days a week and I have a lunch shake 4-5 days a week.
Is that all you eat besides dinner?
- No, I have snacks in between, my favorites are: protein bars, fruit, veggies with hummus, yogurt, celery with peanut butter etc. 
Then you just eat a balanced dinner?
- Yes I just eat the correct proportions of a healthy meal, grilled chicken, a vegtable and a small salad. The shakes really fill me up though, by the time dinner comes I'm not starving like I used to be so it much easier to eat a lean healthy dinner. 

I am just so proud of her and excited for her! She has been changing so many aspects of her life to put herself first. This is so much harder than it looks and I have seen first hand how much she is putting into this. Multiple gym workouts, hiking, spin classes, running, and of course eating better and making ViSalus shakes! We all can relate and at some time or another we have tried toning up or losing weight, with that you have to be so determined and it's hard when you still want to be social and go places with friends. It's all about making better choices and being responsible for your body and health. Making this commitment to yourslef is so inspiring! She has done such an amazing job. I love when she sends me pictures of healthy new recipies she has tried, it's super motivating! The best part is these pics are the real deal straight from her phone or facebook page, there is no editing no fluff - this is her real life transformation! If you want any more info on the exact program, feel free to email me and I can put you in touch with her. 

9 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! Love reading successful Visalus stories! I used to be a promoter for Visalus..my hubs still takes the shakes and he lost a good 30 lbs being on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. go girl go! and LOVE how she's working out too!
    we use & sell visalus in mississippi and have nothing but good things to say about it!
    thanks for sharing her story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great! She looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks awesome! I love making shakes when I have extra spinach and fruit that needs to be eaten. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did Visalus for quite some time. Shakes were seriously delicious. In fact the only reason quit was just the fact I wanted food instead of a drink every day. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you look amazing.

    Happy Friday!
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where are you???!!! It has been WEEKS!!! ;) We miss seeing your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my huge Birthday Giveaway?

    Win 3 amazing prices with a total value of $650 on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    Only 1 day left to enter!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips