Monday, January 6, 2014

THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!


Happy New Year, Everyone! 
I hope your year is off to a great start! Well, it's true we have been keeping quite the secret for the past few months! We are expecting a little one! I honestly can't even believe our time has come. I have so many wonderful emotions and have been so excited to share the news. If you are a frequent reader, you know I have been so terrible about blogging lately. Blogging is something I wanted to do for myself as my own little journal for me and my family and friends. I love looking back on things and remembering how I was feeling and what was going on according to me via this blog. So since this is our FIRST baby and my FIRST experience with this wonderful thing called pregnancy, I really want to document as much as possible. From here on out there will be a lot more posting and of course pre go outfits. :) 


Some basic questions to get out of the way:

When did you find out you were pregnant? I took the test on a Sunday, it was Sept 22nd and it was the best day ever.
How did you feel the moment you found out you were pregnant? I felt so excited and emotional. Bryce's reaction was priceless, it was one of the best moments of my life.
Who was the first person you told and their reactions? We told my parents first and they were so happy and surprised! They couldn't believe it and were genuinely so happy.
How far along? 19 weeks
Baby size: Baby is the size of a heirloom tomato
Maternity clothes? Nope, just maternity tights since that is the majority of my winter wardrobe. I just started using the hair tie in the loop of my jeans though! :) Gives me a little extra room.
Stretch marks? None and my mom didn't get them so I am hoping to be as lucky as her.
Sleep? With my work schedule being earlier, I am waking up earlier and going to bed much earlier. I am no fun to stay up and watch shows with anymore! Poor Bryce, I'm in bed at like 8:30 watching Netflix.
Best moment this week? I am excited to start blogging about the pregnancy. It has flown by so far and I want to remember how I was feeling and takes pics. I have pictures from 16 weeks on so I will start sharing them!
Looking forward to? Tomorrow, it's our big 20 week ultrasound. I am also looking forward to feeling baby move around, so far I haven't felt anything yet.
What I miss: I'm missing a good ole turkey sandwich!
Movement: Not yet, I hope any day!
Food cravings: No crazy cravings, mainly just wanting fruits and veggies, seriously though my body is wanting lots of fruit. I am ok with it because over the holiday I have eaten so terrible!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Not at all, I just feel like my sense of smell is heightened in general.
Mood: I am so excited and just overwhelmed with this miracle. I am so thankful for my health and feeling good. Bryce has been so helpful and is taking care of me. We both are just on cloud 9.
Nursery: I haven't bought anything yet! It's overwhelming to think how much I need to buy in the next 5 months! However, we found out our house will be done mid April so now that we know that part, I can start shopping for the nursery and more baby stuff.
Workouts: ZERO! That's right nothing at all! lol I did run a 5k on Thanksgiving and have ran a couple of times but there in no workout routine in place and it needs to start happening!

I thought this little questionnaire was fun and it encompasses a lot of questions.  I can't wait to share more with you and if you have any great advice, please share :) 

16 comments:

  1. Yay!!!! Congratulations pretty lady!

    xo, Courtney
    shabbyloveschic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Yay for babies! Are you going to find out the gender?

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So excited for your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG CONGRATS GIRL!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! So exciting. I'm 33 weeks and feeling great. I had terrible nausea and vomiting the first 22 weeks, so I'm just glad that's behind me. Hope you continue to feel well and healthy throughout the entirety of your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I am elated for you!!
    What a blessing from God; enjoy this time mama!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! Congratulations!!!
    I can't wait to see your future pregnancy ootd posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I recently started following your blog and can't wait to learn more about you and your pregnancy.

    Steph - Signing Steph

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so exciting!!! Congrats girlie!!

    Xo
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Such wonderful news, looking forward to more baby bump related posts!

    Katie x
    http://www.missenchanting.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! .. Your going to be a great mama.. you look so pretty. having a baby is a wonderful thing :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you! Did you and your husband start trying right away after getting married? My husband and I started trying 11 months ago (Last feb) and haven't had any luck. We start clomid this month...fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips