Monday, April 7, 2014

thoughts



Happy Monday! I wanted to just post a little update on the pregnancy, how I am feeling, what's going on etc.
 
Today marks the THIRTY - THIRD week!
 
I mean where has the time gone? My sister-in-law is also pregnant, she is 36 weeks so it has been so fun to go through this together. We decided that it has gone by fast for the both of us becuase the beginning was during the holidays and time just flys no matter what so maybe that has to do with how fast it has all been.
 
Feeling:
Alright so I am 33 weeks and can't really believe it. I feel great, I am tired more often and get tired more quickly but overall I really cannot complain. This has been such an incredible experience and this little baby girl has been so good to me, I mean I am blessed.
Movement:
 She is moving like crazy these days and sometimes I can feel really strong punches or movements she making in there. I am always wondering what she's doing. My last doctor appointment was great, the doc said she was head down and in the correct position, she knows where she's supposed to be. :)
I was so relieved to hear that as I know the complicatons that come with babies who are breach. At this stage she will more than likely stay head down like that as there is not much room for her to roll completely back up the other way.
Sleeping:
I am sleeping pretty well, it is so hard to move from one side to the other, it takes a lot of effort. I have noticed my hips or sides getting achy when I am laying on one side for a while. I guess this is normal and it also means my hips and body are getting prepared for what is to come. Last night I took Tylenol for the first time and it relieved the discomfort of the achy hips.
Mood:
I have been in a pretty good mood, I think. Haha we might have to ask B on that one. Not any crazy hormones with multiple personalities. I do think about the delivery and it all seems crazy how it will happen and of course I am scared but it's happening and I know it will all be OK. I have no idea what pain to expect but I do know that it will come and go and soon enough we will get to meet our little one. It will all be worth it and I am as ready as I'll ever be!
Cravings:
I really haven't had anything crazy to report in the cravings department. Once night I wanted a caramel apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and then recently I have been wanting shaved ice. The shaved ice thing has been difficuly since all the little food trucks open in the summer. We did go to Rita's which is italian ice and custard and that was so yummy, if you haven't been - go try it, so worth it!
Maternity Clothes:
So I started with some staples and they have been just fine but now the options are getting more and more limited and I am needing to be more creative with putting things together. I am going to do a post on my top 10 things to buy that you can mix and match to get the most outfits. Let me tell you, it's a challenge. But in the same breath its kinda fun being at this stage where people KNOW you are pregnant, the belly is out and its fun to excentuate it.
Husband:
He's been great, supportative, excited, encouraging etc. He gives me massages all the time, helps tie my shoes and zip up my boots. I am very lucky to have such an amazing man by my side.
Final thoughts:
I think the scariest thing is the unknown, since this is my first time around I can't help but wonder what my birth story will be and what will happen. What will my daughter be like? How will the labor be? Will it be early? Will breastfeeding work out? Will my mom make it to Utah in time for the delivery? Will our baby girl be healthy? I just think about all the unknowns but at the same time those unknowns are what makes life so special and incredible. I used to wonder - Will Bryce and I work out? Will marriage ever happen? Will we be able to make this work? What does the future hold? Ahhhh and now looking back it's quite incredible. Everything does work out the way it is supposed to and all I can do is sit back and enjoy this whole experience. I am so blessed and thankful to have this life unfolding before my eyes. It's everything and more than I could have imagined.





















3 comments:

  1. awwwww good luck!! It can be so overwhelming the thoughts...I have three kiddos...so take it slow and remember your body knows what it is doing and if you not opposed I highly recommended the epidural..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful mama and all those questions are so normal - I am amazed at how different it is second time around because most of those answers can either be answered or aren't a concern because there is that familiar faith. I can't wait to read and follow your story and "meet" your little princess x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!!!
    Can't wait to see your little one!
    -Adrienne. xo

    Citizen of the World
    Citizen of the World

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips